Forum Index
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

England v Holland - junior international in Liverpool

View previous topic :: View next topic  
David

PostPosted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:03 pm    Post subject: England v Holland - junior international in Liverpool Reply with quote

I've just spent several hours this hot and humid weekend in the company of the best Primary Schools chess-players in England and Holland. They were playing an international match, organised by the English Primary Schools Chess Association and overseen by FIDE arbiter Peter Purland, at Greenbank School in Liverpool.

In due course, I'll publish a fuller report with pictures to the main website (when I work out how my smart new camera works!). For now, you may be pleased to learn that local MP, Louise Ellman, attended on Saturday; and Cllr Paul Clein, chair of the Liverpool Education Committee, joined us on Sunday. Both presented prizes to the winning team and to individuals.

Crucially, I can report that I had a very encouraging conversation with Cllr Clein on plans and prospects for junior chess development in Liverpool. I think we have made a big step forward by inviting local politicians to attend. Sadly though, the Press showed no interest. I have plenty of work to do there still.

David
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Forum Index -> Chess Development All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: