Joined: 03 Dec 2006
|Posted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:29 pm Post subject: 4NCL TEAM RAPIDPLAY TOURNAMENT
|Entry guidelines for the above tournament now available - please see below:
SUMMER TEAM RAPIDPLAY TOURNAMENT: ENTRY GUIDELINES
The 4NCL will be holding an inaugural team rapidplay tournament for which entries are invited from all interested teams, whether existing 4NCL teams wanting to “dust off the cobwebs” during the summer or new teams wanting to try out the 4NCL without necessarily committing to the full league. Details are as follows:
1. The tournament will take place on the weekend of 30 June-1 July at Harben House conference centre, a member of the De Vere Venues chain which the 4NCL already uses for a number of its weekends. Harben House is near Newport Pagnell in Buckinghamshire, just off the M1 and not far from Milton Keynes, which has fast rail connections to and from Birmingham, Manchester and London. More details on the venue can be found at www.deverevenues.co.uk.
2. The tournament is open to any team, whether or not a participant in the 4NCL itself.
3. The entry fee per team is £40. Please send entry fee cheques made payable to "4NCL" to Mike Truran at The Old Farmhouse, 7 Church Street, Ducklington, Witney, Oxon OX29 7UA. Entries need to be received by Monday 30 April please. Entries will be accepted on a “first come first served” basis.
4. Each match will comprise four players per team. A team may nominate up to six players for the tournament. Combined squad rule 2.1 of the current 4NCL rules will NOT apply, so no nominated player may play for more than one team over the weekend. Team board order will be determined using rule 8.3 of the current 4NCL rules.
5. Team lists should be submitted to Neville Belinfante by post (10 Ostlers Court, Old Coach Drive, High Wycombe, Bucks HP11 1AR or by email (Neville@belinfante.demon.co.uk) no later than 23 June. Although ECF membership is not required, team lists should include ECF membership numbers where applicable in order to make calculation of game fees payable to the ECF easier.
6. The time limit will be 20 minutes +10 seconds per move.
7. The tournament will consist of 10 rounds (5 rounds on Saturday 30 June and 5 rounds on Sunday 1 July). The schedule for the two days will be as follows:
· Round 1: 1.00 pm
· Round 2: 2.30 pm
· Round 3: 4.00 pm
· Round 4: 5.30 pm
· Round 5: 7.00 pm
· Round 6: 9.30 pm
· Round 7: 11.00 pm
· Round 8: 1.00 pm
· Round 9: 2.30 pm
· Round 10: 4.00 pm
· Prizegiving: 5.15 pm
8. The prize fund will be determined based on the number of teams entering and after taking account of tournament running expenses. Team placings will be determined using rule 11.2 of the current 4NCL rules.
9. The event will be registered with the ECF Game Fee Scheme and all games will be included in the ECF rapidplay gradings. It is a condition of entry that players agree to their grading information being published on the ECF website.
10. The tournament will be run under FIDE rapidplay rules.
11. Room rates at Harben Hall will be in line with those in place at other De Vere venues used by the 4NCL, namely £40 for one person in a single or double/twin room and £56 for two people in a double/twin room. Lunch and dinner will be available at the venue at £5 and £10 respectively on a prebooked basis. Please contact Wendy Mayer on 01908 215602 or email@example.com to book rooms/lunch/dinner.
12. For further details please contact Paul Littlewood on firstname.lastname@example.org or Mike Truran on email@example.com.